Friday, July 9, 2010

Sewing Goodness


This is my first attempt at making a notebook cover and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised at the result. Yes there are few things I'm going to change for the next one I make but hey at least it worked! My grandma recently raided her cupboards for me when I was up in Queensland and she had a pile of this blue suede. So this is project number one and project number two is going to be an A-line skirt. When I get around to making it. Which I will. Hopefully soon.

Meanwhile I'm trying to make a second slightly improved notebook cover for my friend's birthday but my poor little sewing machine has finally broken. It's been so good to me over the last five years - never jamming or complaining about its lack of TLC from a certain owner - but now the time has come for me to send it to the professionals. Apparently it's going to take 3 days so not too bad. Thank the universe I don't have any pressing orders to make up. So I might take the opportunity to do some hand stitching instead.

I also started a sewing class at Thread Den this week. We're going to be making this fabulous winter coat. This is a photo from Thread Den's course outline. Isn't it fabulous? I can't wait to wear it. My fabric is this awesome bright blue teal colour. I will post photos as I go along.

PLUS - I learnt to knit!! I've been wanting to for ages and my friend showed me the basics on Thursday and I'm already addicted. I find it very therapeautic when my brain is busy problem solving. The actual result is still very dodgy but I'm getting better with every row.

:) Kim



2 comments:

  1. Hey
    The suede is a beautiful colour, yay Grandma!
    I looked at that coat on the timetable, verrrrry nice.
    See you Thursday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the little button detail and that colour is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails