Sunday, September 5, 2010

I'm dreaming of a... new office

I'm having fantasies at the moment of having an office space that is full of light, quirky items and is beautifully organised. Maybe because I'm currently surrounded by a lot of... stuff. I've tried to declutter really I have. It just doesn't seem to make any difference. I guess my problem is that my office and studio/workspace is also my bedroom. I'm lucky enough that my bedroom is quite large and I'm able to set up a trestle table where I sew etc. Although at the moment one third of the table is covered in paint and glue and wire and my half finished sculpture that I need to get ready for an exhibition in a few weeks (yikes!). The second third is spread out with calico where I'm working on a prototype for a new bag and the other third is where I'm now sitting with my computer. I really should have my computer at my 'desk' but that's covered in paperwork and more art supplies. The rest of the room consists of clothes and books and fabric, lots of fabric. So you can see why I'm sitting here singing I'm dreaming of a...new office... There is light at the end of the tunnel though. I'll be moving house in the next few months where I'll no longer be in a share house and I'll have a whole room (well I'll get half of it) for an office area. Yay! In the meantime here's a little escapism I've been doing. All of these photo are from Design*Sponge in a post called Sneak Peek Best Of: Offices. If you haven't been over to check out Design*Sponge then have a look at this amazing blog, you'll wonder where it's been all your life :)
With my tendencies for clutter this kind of office is probably more realistic for me. I love the flowers and the wooden shutters.
Look at all that light. Ah sigh... I love the idea of having floating shelves above the desk.
I want purple doors! How cool is that bay window seat with all the cushions. I don't think I'd get much work done.
I also have a fantasy of living in a beach cottage and with this beautiful wooden desk and light blue colours I could imagine I do.

:) Kim

1 comment:

  1. I want the office with the purple doors!
    Loving your blog! Very inspiring :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails