Sunday, January 23, 2011

New Illustrations

Boy am I glad its Monday today. Not something you usually hear someone say but its true because last week (or maybe the last two weeks) was just super crazy busy. You know when all of a sudden you have all these things to do? But now its Monday and they're all done. Yay! Time to organise my Australia Day BBQ.

One of the 'things' I did last week were these 4 illustrations. I turned them into greeting cards that I had printed for the North Melbourne Market. They looked so cute (and professional hehe) and they got a really good response so I'm going to do a few more over the next few weeks.

Basically the idea behind them was to juxtapose black and white realistic drawings with colourful fantasy elements. So I drew the sketches and then added the colour elements on Illustrator. It was fun and a great way to learn how to use one of those super-annoying-takes-lots-of-hours-to-figure-them-out kinda programs like Illustrator and Photoshop. I can definitely say I like Illustrator a lot more than Photoshop. Hope you like them!





:) Kim

1 comment:

  1. Love your card illustrations! Am sure they will be a hit. I particularly like the Victorian style street with balloons. Very whimsical :-)
    Keep up the awesome art!
    LOu

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails