Thursday, February 10, 2011

You Gotta Check Out These Exhibitions

I saw both of these exhibitions last week and I was blown away by them. The Art of Australian Picture Books featured some amazing original illustration from recent children's books as well as books I remember as a kid. Great exhibition and since its free and on till May I'm definitely going to pop my head in a few more times.

I love Disney and this is a huge and detailed exhibition on at ACMI about the art and processes behind Disney films. It can be easy to forget how amazing the artists are who draw the films when you're busy watching the story. They also have cool films about how they shoot the hand drawn frames etc. But make sure you allow at least an hour and half to see everything properly. Well worth the entry fee!

:) Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails