Monday, June 7, 2010

Yarraville Retrospective


I had a great time on Sunday doing my very first market at Yarraville Markets despite having to wear 6 layers just to keep warm from the cold weather. Unfortunately it was very quiet and I only sold 2 things to my lovely friend (thanks Alyce!) but I'm glad I got the time to take it all in and I was able to get around and have a chat with the other stallholders.
I bought two cute little notebooks from Found N Bound. One for my friend and of course one for me. I say a girl can never have enough notebooks lying around. These gorgeous softies are by Victoria from Red Tree Studio and you can find them here.
I loved these beautiful illustrations by Made N Found. It was her first market as well and her stall looked great.
These are Donna's softies and it was also their first outing so I hope they enjoyed the day out. They all have their own names and were very adorable.
And of course here's my stall. It was good to see what people were interested in and what they weren't. I don't think anyone looked at the cuffs and necklaces I had made but I got lots of good comments about my bag you see there in the middle. So I'm just going to keep plodding on with experimenting and see if I find something I really enjoy making, that's different and something people want to buy!

:) Kim

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim, it was so great to meet you! Look forward to next month - coming into winter I bet those wheat bags sell out!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails