Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Little Things...


A picture paints a thousand words. This is how I've been feeling the last week and half. I've had the flu and I've pretty much being doing nothing but lazy lying around (and in the sun whenever I can) . Which is great except my brain is still going a million miles an hour and I haven't had the energy to act on it. There are sooooo many things I want to make! I'm feeling very overwhelmed at the moment because I have so many ideas and I don't know where to direct my energy in terms of coming up with new products to make and sell. One moment its bright colourful funky things the next its girly vintage and lace. I seem to be struggling to stick to a design aesthetic. Can I just make it all? Argghhh!So I took myself off to the beach for a walk and I reminded myself that it's the little pleasures in life that keep you grounded - like walking on the beach crunching shells under my feet. Definitely one of life's little pleasures in my book! Other little pleasures for me are lying in the sun, watching my dog sleeping or stirring cake mix. What are your little pleasures?

xxoo Kim

1 comment:

  1. Wow. What a collection of shells. Great picture. Thank you for the comment on my blog. I grew up near the river and that 'view' although made up from my imagination is pretty much the view from the cliff where my grandmother's house was looking over to perth.
    Walking along the river is one of my pleasures. Another is to set myself up in a sunny spot in the garden with a teapot full of good strong irish breakfast tea and a nice little snack and a good book.
    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails