Saturday, May 8, 2010

Post Market Buzz

Welllll what a day. I had a lot of fun and just in case you were worried my eyes are still in tact. Just. So what did I think? The most fun I had was at Jodie from Vintage Ric Rac's seminar on craft blogging. It was a real hoot and she was so warm, generous and very funny! In fact we were all having so much (loud) fun that we got shushed by the Quantum Compass people next door. I'm sure they were just jealous. It was lovely to be listening to someone who is so passionate about what she does. Jodie obviously has a lot of fun doing her crafty thing. Have a look at her great blog here.
I asked a question about how to get the nice looking picture links on the side of your blog and I got a whole bunch of people answering me about how to do it so thankyou! I look forward to adding some very soon.
While there I also met Jacinta from One Little Acorn who also has a beautiful blog check it out here.
I also went to a couple of the seminars about business where I picked up a couple of new tips and ideas. In fact I thought it was very serendipitous that while I was in the 'cashflow' seminar I got a call from a new stockist who wanted to place an order for wheatbags so that was pretty cool.
I just loved all the stands at the Incubator. My favourite was probably the lovely girls over at Ink & Spindle. I've been seeing their fabric everywhere on bags, lampshades and cushions so it was nice to discover the source of it all. I can certainly see why they are so popular. They make their own screenprinted fabric and they're all just gorgeous.
Have a look at their blog here.

I have to say I was a little disappointed to see quite a lot of non craft related businesses selling their wares at the show. I mean really, do we need to see products like orthotics, gym equipment and gel packs at a craft show? A pity they don't moderate who can exhibit. But at least everyone else was fabulous.
I got a little overwhelmed at the Kelani Fabric Obsession stand. So many wonderful fabrics, so little time. In the end I couldn't decide and walked away to feel calm again. I get terribly indecisive. My rationalisation was that I can look at their online store and chose calmly and in my own time.
So I've now spent the last 4 hours looking up all the new blogs, stores and generally getting lost in the online crafting world.
Phew its time to have a cup of tea.

xxoo Kim

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kim
    It was lovely to meet you on Saturday and I also loved Jodie's talk - she is so much fun! Once you go to a few of these shows and been into the blogging for a while, you will get to know even more great bloggers, artists and crafters to inspire you.
    Looking forward to reading more of your blog.
    Cheers, Jacinta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! you have a blog! I didn't know.
    Yes I just loved the guy selling the vibrating machine that told me 10 min of vibrating is equivalent to one hour of exercise! Ba Ha Ha.
    Ink & Spindle girls are lovely, always up for a chat.
    great news about your heat bags, did I tell you my bedside organiser is going to be in the next issue of Frankie!!!! Aghhhhh!!!!!!
    I'm off to Vietnam for 2 weeks on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever girl- check! very loveley bags and products- check! Marketing savy (blogs, facebook, next step twitter)- check!

    All looks fantactic Kim, Good luck

    Sam

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails